‘Tis the season to consider your next career move!
Baby it’s cold if you’re on the outside of North West Melbourne’s largest, and fastest-growing accounting and advisory firm Matthews Steer, but we’ve decked our halls and we’re ready to welcome a Senior Accountant to join our star team*.
If you think you can only achieve the career you dream of at a big CBD firm, think again. Matthews Steer is a competitive alternative to second-tier chartered accounting firms, and has the resources, training structure and technology to take your accounting career to the next level. But you’d better be good, for goodness sake!
Forget the other Elves on the accounting Shelf, if you wake up in the morning wanting to make a difference, and thrive in a team environment where actions lead to outcomes, read on…
As a Senior Accountant at Matthews Steer you’ll untangle complex taxation issues as if they’re strings of fairy lights, and create financial frameworks that enable our clients to execute their business and wealth goals.
And the icing on the cake? You’ll benefit from an established professional development pathway, structured in-house training curriculum, defined career progression, and engaging program of social events that put Matthews Steer head and shoulders above rival Melbourne accounting firms.
Give yourself something to really cheer about this holiday season. Senior Accountant candidates must:
- Have at least five years' current Australian Public Practice experience;
- Have a Business or Commerce Degree (majoring in Accounting);
- Have completed their CA / CPA qualification;
- Be able to prepare financial statements and tax returns for individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and superannuation funds;
- Be able to manage a small portfolio of clients while delegating to – and training – a small team of accountants to facilitate their continued professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability to service SME clients and HNW individuals.
- Have exceptional verbal & written communication skills;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel and Outlook;
- Have APS: XPA & Tax Manager knowledge (preferred but not essential.)
*Stocking stuffers need not apply!