Join our premier team
Are you a one-percenter who wakes up in the morning wanting to make a difference, and who thrives in a team environment where actions lead to outcomes?
Matthews Steer Accountants and Advisors is looking to draft Senior Accountants to our innovative, fast-growing, dynamic line-up.
We don’t like to crow but our team has been providing our clients expert, accurate, advice, peace of mind around compliance for more than 25 years.
As a Matthews Steer Senior Accountant you’ll tackle complex taxation issues with a tiger’s tenacity, creating financial frameworks that enable our clients to execute their business and wealth goals. And, you’ll benefit from an established professional development pathway, structured in-house training curriculum, defined career progression, and engaging program of social events, that put Matthews Steer head and shoulders above rival Melbourne accountancy firms.
If you think you can only kick goals in a big CBD firm, think again. Matthews Steer is a competitive alternative to second-tier chartered accounting firms and has the resources, training structure and technology to take your accountancy career to the next level.
Are you Matthews Steer’s No.1 draft pick? Senior Accountant candidates must:
- Have at least five years' current Australian Public Practice experience;
- Have a Business or Commerce Degree (majoring in Accounting);
- Have completed their CA/CPA qualification;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel and Outlook;
- Have exceptional verbal & written communication skills;
- Be able to prepare financial statements and tax returns for individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and superannuation funds;
- Demonstrate the ability to service SME clients and HNW individuals.
- Be able to manage a small portfolio of clients while delegating to – and training – a small team of accountants to facilitate their continued professional development.
- Have APS: XPA & Tax Manager knowledge (preferred but not essential.)
For more information about this role or any other career opportunities at Matthews Steer, please email Gayle Considine or call her on 03 9325 6300.